Sunday, April 13, 2008

Glamorous Lifestyle

We got a suite this time as that gives us a kitchen, two bedrooms, living room and bath.

I wake up about 7:15, shower and start going through email. We leave for the office about 8:30 pass customs and get to the office just before 9. I usually go to my first set of meetings or teach our classes until 12 and then we break for lunch. Most days meetings do not start again until 2, so I can do a little more prep/email before we get started again. Meetings wrap up in Europe by 6 and usually I only have calls back with the US a couple nights a week. We do email and work for the next day and leave the office by 8 or 9.

Generally, we head back to the apartment, I eat a couple granola bars and jump back on to do email/work until about 10:30. A couple nights a week we go out with friends -- generally that is a later in the week proposition. Yesterday, we worked most of the day and then went out for dinner (Mexican) with our Scottish friends. Today, we are working this morning and are supposed to go to dinner (Fondue) with our German friends in town from the Phillipines. Next weekend there is no "go live" and my architect is leaving for the US. I am going to try to do something fun.

The odd part is that on Friday we finalized our training plan for our country rollouts -- which led to the fact that this is my last trip to Geneva. That is kind of bittersweet. I am happy for it to be over, but I am going to miss a few good friends I have made. It feels a bit rushed.

Ah, well -- back to work.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

So THIS is what you do?! Now I have an answer when people ask ; )

Unknown said...

Just tell 'em "None of your business." It's fun, and there's usually no follow up questions from Mr. or Mrs. Nosey.