Sunday, May 25, 2008

Geneva Again

Thursday
I started the morning with the light version of the British breakfast. It was only one piece of bacon, one sausage, one tomato, one poached egg, 4 pieces of toast with homemade jam, one bowl of fruit salad, one glass of orange juice, and finally one pot of tea. The full version was double that, and again I wonder about the comments about American portions.

I then had to get some help getting out of my chair with a crowbar, a jack and a crane -- but arranged for a late checkout so that I could digest the food, handle my conference calls, and finalize the packing for my 11:15 pickup.

The hosts offered to carry down my bags, but this was cleverly disguished as meaning that "Our stairs are narrow and you have a big bag and we do not want you marking up our walls" but I said I was fine. I even offered to drop my luggage out the window and carry my clothes down t-shrit by t-shirt if it made them more comfortable. However, some people don't get my humor. Sigh.

I was then off to Heathrow Terminal 5 which is very very nice. I had lunch at a British restaurant (Ploughman's lunch which is really cheese, fruit, bread and ham) and then flew to Geneva. I checked into the hotel and wandered over the office to say a couple of "Hellos". I then went with Stevie and his Dad to see the Celtics win the Scottish Premiere League.

Friday
Friday was normally work, training, and meetings. We went out for a late dinner after our next set of Go Live activities. About 8 of us went out for pizza and it was good to see everyone -- and hear about my friend Nicolas trip to America where the dollar is cheap and the steaks are plentiful.

No comments: