Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Work Work Work

I did the whole work thing. It is really getting in the way of my travels.

The office is in an old English Country house -- and by old, I mean only about 400 years.

The lawn and gardens are well tended and completely over run by rabbits. Literally about 40-50 rabbits frolick about on the lawn. It should be noted that the rabbits seemed to be everywhere but on the cafeteria menu, despite my several requests.

I went out for a couple fo meals for dinner. It is always a bit odd to go by yourself. I try to read a bit during dinner, but I have 6 1/2 weeks to go and I have already finished 2 of 3 books. Poor planning on my part.

Tonight I went to Hotel du Vin based on a recommendation from a colleague. It was really good. I had a warm snail and mushroom salad, roasted pork belly with apple and porcini jus -- and then a chocolate/orange mousse. Last night was dinner with the country controllers -- chicken liver parfait, beetroot & wensleydale risotto and then a sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce.

The night before, in honor of Coby, I had a burger. Granted it was a lamb curry burger, but a burger just the same. No McDonald's in sight. For dessert I had a chilled Grand Marnier souffle that just was unspeakably delicious. Sigh.

Tomorrow I head off to Geneva. I am going to work from the hotel here before I fly out in the afternoon. Tomorrow night I am supposed to go watch Chelsea play at an English pub with my Scottish friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recommend that you buy Eragon and read it. :) -yls

Nicole said...

Miss you....

tria said...

this food does not sound all that appealing to me ....